Fringe Venue Technicians Vacancy
Summerhall is a year round home to performance and visual arts, libraries, small museums and educational programmes as well as a cultural hub with artist studios and creative industries offices on site. Since 2011 Summerhall has transformed into Venue 26 for the world famous Edinburgh Fringe. In 2013 Summerhall played host to over 1500 performances, 27 exhibitions and dozens of events and parties.
We pride ourselves on delivering a diverse high quality international Summerhall programme that includes both the Fringe Festival and the Edinburgh Art Festival.
Applicants must be over 18 and be a UK/EU citizen or hold a full work visa for the UK. Applicants must speak fluent English.
Applicants should send a full CV and cover letter to email@example.com.
This is a paid position – dependant on experience and skills.
Contract Period: 14th July – 2nd September 2014 (subject to change).
Please note that due to the high number of applicants, we are unable to respond individually to anyone not invited to interview.
Application Deadline: 18th April 2014
The purpose of this post is to provide effective support for all technical and production aspects of an extremely busy venue, including film, theatre, workshops, exhibition and events both in-house and with visiting companies to the highest possible standards.
The technician will be a member of the Technical Team and will report to the Production Manager. Each technician should be multi-skilled but can have key areas of expertise and experience.
The prime experience expected will include at least one of the following skills:
- Sound (including live mixing)
Duties and Responsibilities will include:
Each technician will assigned to one of six performance venues and principal areas of responsibilities will include :
- Actively involved in the installation set-up and subsequent removal of all venues and exhibitions.
- To ensure that all backstage facilities and equipment are prepared and maintained to the highest standard. Ensuring that all backstage areas and dressing rooms are kept clean and tidy.
- To welcome visiting companies and artists on arrival to ensure that all stage and technical facilities are prepared for use as required by the contractual requirements and visiting company specifications.
- Monitor and support visiting companies in the space.
- Assist in the daily turn rounds between shows, as well as the initial get-ins and subsequent get-outs.
- Operate shows as required.
- To undertake other duties and responsibilities as requested by the Production Manager.