SOUTH LONDON GALLERY GRADUATE RESIDENCY
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: MON 28 SEP 2015, 11AM
The South London Gallery Graduate Residency is an open submission 6-month residency opportunity available to artists completing a postgraduate MA, MFA, PGDip, MRes or equivalent programme of study, from a national institution, collective, or art school in the UK between October 2014 and October 2015.
Between November 2015 and May 2016, the resident will receive the following:
• rent-free accommodation and work space in the South London Gallery’s Outset Artists’ Flat;
• a bursary of £5,000 towards living expenses and production costs;
• monthly mentoring sessions with invited artists, curators and writers, as well as the Director and staff of the South London Gallery;
• an exhibition in the SLG’s first floor galleries.
The residency enables the production of a new body of work and a rare opportunity for a recent graduate to exhibit within an internationally renowned institution.
We are particularly interested in receiving applications from those based outside of London, in which instance support for significant travel will be offered to those invited to interview.
To be eligible for the residency applicants must:
• have completed a postgraduate MA, MFA, PGDip, MRes or equivalent programme of study in an arts discipline from a national institution, collective or art school, including Ireland, Scotland and Wales between October 2014 and October 2015;
• be a UK/EU resident or hold a valid work visa with right to stay in the UK during the stated period of residency.
Deadline for applications Monday 28 September 11am.
Find out more and download the application pack here
Further enquiries please email email@example.com
Image: Installation view of Dorine van Meel: Between the Dog and the Wolf, at the South London Gallery, 2015. Photo by Andy Keate.