Summerhall is recruiting within its Technical Team. We are looking for a Production Co-ordinator. Job description below. Immediate start available, interviews will be held next week and we will close the application as soon as the right person has been found.
Please apply with CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject
Hours – 25 per week, based on flexi time. Remuneration – Based on Experience
Responsible to the General Manager for coordinating and advancing setup, operation, derigging and maintenance of technical equipment for Summerhall events and performances, in association with the events managers and technician. The position is multi skilled and requires a pro-active, positive and flexible approach to fulfilling our clients’ needs and expectations.
- Working with the events managers to coordinate and deliver all aspects of lighting, sound, av and rigging for incoming events.
- Work with ‘Nothing Ever Happens Here’ (NEHH) booker to advance and deliver all NEHH concerts.
- Meeting and communicating with clients to deliver their technical requirements.
- Promoting high technical and interpersonal standards and a professional attitude in all work.
- Allocating staff and equipment to events, booking additional equipment and freelance staff where necessary.
- Acting as main point of contact with external suppliers, working with the general manager to ensure invoices are paid on time and paperwork is kept up to date.
- Helping all Summerhall Staff (including casual or freelance staff) ensure the highest standards of Health and Safety are met at all times.
- Work with the technician to undertake departmental development including policies and procedures, training, maintenance and procurement and facility development.
- Working with the general manager and technician to ensure that hours are managed appropriately throughout the year.
- Act as ‘Duty Technician’ where necessary on incoming events, offering support and fault finding on Summerhall Technical and client’s presentation equipment.
- Act as ‘Duty Technician’ during the Fringe as part of the rota of permanent technical staff.
- Develop and implement a maintenance plan with the technician, including PAT and LOLER inspections, and maintenance of relevant related paperwork.
- Operate Lighting, Sound and AV equipment for basic events where required.
- Assist the technician and freelance staff with set up and de-rig equipment for ‘Nothing Ever Happens Here’ concerts.
- Be trained on the Fire Panel and take roles in the evacuation plan where required.
- With the technician – keep all technical areas neat and tidy.
- Strong organisational skills and attentive to details.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to think quickly and remain calm under pressure.
- A good established reputation as a professional practitioner within the events, music and theatre industry.
- Proven experience and practical knowledge of lighting, sound, AV and rigging equipment.
- Positive experience of close collaboration with colleagues, visiting companies, clients and event organisers.
- Experience of PAT, basic LOLER inspections and equipment maintenance.
- Practical experience of planning and preparing temporary power distribution.
- Experience of positively managing staff.
- Practical experience of the set up and operation of concert sound equipment.
- Excellent practical understanding of the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act, the Electricity at Work regulations, LOLER, and PUWER and the requirements of an employer.
- 3 years previous experience at a similar level.
- Flexible approach to working hours and patterns to fulfil the needs of the post.
- Full UK Driving License.
- Practical experience of D&B Loudspeaker Systems, Nexo PS Series Loudspeaker Systems, and Yamaha QL, Midas Pro Series and Presonus Studiolive mixing consoles.
- Experience of programming, operating and fault finding Zero88 Frog Series desks and Avolites Titan Software (Titan Mobile Preferred), including use of Artnet protocol.
- Basic Knowledge of QLab 2 show control software.
- Practical experience of PAT and moving light maintenance.
- Practical experience of live music operation.
- Relevant industry qualifications will be considered favourably.
It is intended that the part time nature of the post will allow for freelance work outside of Summerhall. This is to give the post holder the opportunity to maintain knowledge of industry best practise, develop their skills and abilities and grow their network of contacts.
Please apply with CV and covering letter to email@example.com with the job title in the subject.