Experienced, self-motivated and robust individual required to full-fil the above role at exciting and busy Edinburgh Arts venue.
The ideal candidate will have experience with payroll software, display the ability to deal with pressure whilst maintaining accuracy and have proven organisational and cash handling skills. Reporting in the first instance to the Financial Director you will be a key member of a busy office team.
Salary £20k, long hours (35 per week), conditions terrible, only the tough will survive!
Closing date 11th November.
1st round Interviews 18th November, 2nd round Interview 23rd November.
Early or immediate start preferred.
Details of Role
- Recording, processing and inputting of all Payroll Information
- Assisting with implementation of new software package Xero
- Ensuring all starters and leavers and contract changes are dealt with correctly
- Ensuring that PAYE/NIC are correctly deducted
- Issuing tax forms (Payslips, P45/P60)
- Dealing with Statutory Payments as required
- Dealing with staff queries as they arise
- Administering Pension enrolments and contributions
- Administering DEA, Earning Arrestments, CSA deductions
- Administering employee contributions to pension
- Calculation of occupational sick pay and occupational maternity payments
- Calculation of enhanced holiday pay element
- Make salary and wage payments
- Maintain up to date knowledge of HMRC requirements
- Maintenance & administration of financial procedures
- Maintain HR records
- Work with General Manager to support HR activities to ensure Payroll records are accurate and up to date
- Work with GM to issue and maintain accurate database of contracts
- Liaise with staff to maintain employee contact details
- Liaise with Forum of Private Business on employment matters arising
- Pay and track supplier accounts
- Negotiate with suppliers
- Liaise with all departments regarding purchases and accounts
- Support the finance director with reports upon request
- Support the finance director with Personal Assistant duties upon request
- Plan, organise and manage own workload to ensure your contribution to the company’s monthly financial payroll process is achieved in a timely and accurate manner.
- Identify payrolls that are outside normal processing expectations and review to ensure processing is achieved in the most cost-effective efficient manner.
- Identifying errors and taking corrective action.
- Identify and implement new systems and procedures to improve cost saving and parity across departments
- Recognise items that require referral/special attention and report to Manager.
- Adhere to and help maintain company policies, including Health and Safety and Quality Management.
- Assist with general ad-hoc administration as and when required.
- Supporting and sharing knowledge with colleagues to contribute to the effectiveness of the team.
- Be responsible for collating and depositing large sums of cash
- Maintain petty cash system and records for bank reconciliation
- Experience of using a computerised payroll system
- Basic understanding of payroll/tax rules and legislation
- Basic understanding of HR procedures and employment law
- Good communication skills
- Proficient in using Microsoft Word and Outlook
- Proficient in using Microsoft Excel
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Ability to prioritise competing demands
- Ability to problem solve and be a self starter