Join us for a socially-distanced pint in the Royal Dick, or our sunny* courtyard!
(*Sun not guaranteed)
- The Royal Dick (indoors)
- Mon – Wed: 5pm – 12 midnight
- Thurs – Sun: 12 noon – 12 midnight
- Maximum single table sizes: 4 people (indoors) / 6 people (outdoors)
- Table service only
- Children are welcome before 10pm
- Dogs on leads welcome
- Reservations available (but not required) indoors. No reservations available in the Courtyard Bar.
- Pub food is available. View our food & bar menus.
Our tables can seat up to 4 people indoors, or up to 6 people outdoors. If your group requires more than one table we will do our best to ensure that you are seated on adjacent tables, however we cannot guarantee that this will always be possible.
To keep our staff and customers safe, our tables are all distanced, and masks are required at all times when not seated.
The Courtyard Bar
The Royal Dick
(Open indoors daily)
Booking A Table
Reservations are no longer required to visit the Royal Dick or the Courtyard Bar.
If you would prefer to book a table for the Royal Dick’s indoor seating in advance, please click here. We are no longer accepting reservations for the Courtyard Bar.
Indoors, our tables seat up to four people. Our outdoor Courtyard Bar has small tables available for two people, and picnic benches for up to six people*. If your group requires more than one table we will do our best to ensure that you are seated on adjacent tables, however we cannot guarantee that this will always be possible.
For the safety of our staff and customers, we are asking you to abide by current Scottish government restrictions and guidance at all times.
If you have special access requirements or have any questions not answered above, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
(*Our picnic benches are perfect for four people, or up to six if you’re comfortable rubbing elbows!)
Health & Safety
We’re constantly working hard behind the scenes to ensure that The Royal Dick and the courtyard bar are as safe as possible for our customers and staff.
Professional cleaning company Daybreak regularly deep clean the entirety of Summerhall, using a sanitising solution that is 99.99% effective against harmful viruses and hospital-grade testing to declare Summerhall as Covid-19 Hygiene Certified.
The following measures are in place to ensure the safety of our staff and customers at all times:
- Physical distancing between all seating areas and queuing positions
- Mandatory mask-wearing at all times for customers when not seated (unless exempt)
- Constant cleaning cycles by dedicated staff members during opening hours, including toilet facilities
- Face masks, gloves, and other PPE worn by staff at all times
- Hand sanitiser stations provided
- Card payments only
- One-way routes in operation wherever possible
- A Covid-19-specific risk assessment, available to view here.