From Monday 26th April 2021, join us for a pint in The Royal Dick’s socially-distanced, sanitised, sunny* courtyard!
(*Sun not guaranteed)
- Mon 26th April – Sun 2nd May (Extended hours)
- 12pm – 10pm daily
- From Mon 3rd May (Normal hours resume)
- Mon – Weds: 4pm – 10pm
- Thurs – Sun: 12pm – 10pm
- We strongly recommend booking in advance
- Reservations last for 2 hours maximum
- Reservations will be held until 15 minutes after the scheduled start time
- Maximum table size: 6 people
- Children are welcome, and must be seated at all times. Children do count towards the ‘6 people per table’ limit.
- Dogs on leads welcome
- Pub food is available.
Booking A Table
Please read the information below carefully before booking.
We’re expecting to be busy so, to avoid unnecessary queues, we strongly recommend booking a table in advance. Reservations will last for two hours, and will be held for 15 minutes after your scheduled arrival time.
We will accept walk-ins if we have space, but we cannot guarantee availability.
To ensure there is plenty of time for us to clear and sanitise tables, we may ask customers to leave 5-10 minutes before the end of their booking.
We have small tables available for two people, and picnic benches for up to six people*. For the safety of our staff and customers, we are asking you to abide by the Scottish government’s extended household group policy at all times.
If you have special access requirements or have any questions not answered above, please email email@example.com
(*Our picnic benches are perfect for four people, or up to six if you’re comfortable rubbing elbows!)
Health & Safety
Just like in 2020, we’ve been working hard behind the scenes to ensure that the courtyard is as safe as possible for our customers and staff.
Professional cleaning company Daybreak regularly deep clean the entirety of Summerhall, using a sanitising solution that is 99.99% effective against harmful viruses and hospital-grade testing to declare Summerhall as Covid-19 Hygiene Certified.
The following measures are in place to ensure the safety of our staff and customers at all times:
- Distancing of at least 2 metres between all outside seating areas and queuing positions
- Constant cleaning cycles by dedicated staff members during courtyard opening hours, including toilet facilities
- Face masks, gloves, and other PPE worn by staff at all times
- Hand sanitiser stations provided
- Card payments only
- One-way routes across the site, including to bar service area, toilets, entrance and exits
- A Covid-19-specific risk assessment, available to view here.